A great tool for Flash developers and designers
Once in a while, you come across a tool, that changes the way you work forever.
This is one such tool and i have to share it!
What is Gaia?
Gaia is an open-source(Yeah, baby!) Flash framework that helps you save bucket loads of time, by automating a lot of the tedious and boring stuff you have to do when you build full-flash websites.
Is it difficult to learn?
Gaia is an advanced tool, but learning to use it isn’t very difficult. All you need is some basic understanding of ActionScript to get started and the documentation, intro video and community will help you out when in need.
How about the features?
There are a lot of them, and the ones you will use the most depends on the type of work you do. Personally my favorites are:
- The fast-responding and helpful community.
- Automatic creation of pages and document class files simply by defining pages in an XML file.
- SEO optimization and alternative content for non-flash devices. You can even, with the click of a button, generate html clones of all your flash pages.
- Deeplinking – Gaia uses Asual’s SWFAdress and automatically generates pretty URLs for all your pages.
- The easy-to-use, but advanced asset management.
How do I get started?
There’s also a couple of tutorials in the documentation with downloadable source files, video tutorials done by another blogger, and even this entire demo site courtesy of TMRW. Source files for the demo site can be found here.